Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Big Break?

Whew 18 days went by really quickly! Shortly after my last post, I found a great opportunity in Memphis.  I applied, contacted my connections there, and now I await anxiously for a response.  I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not going to say where or doing what, but I am really excited.  It doesn't involved zoology at all, but I feel like its a good fit for now.  It would be great pay, travel, meeting lots of new people, and the opportunity to live and work in Midtown Memphis.  This job is something that had never crossed my mind.  My family has been telling me that the thing that will work out will be the least expected option that will come out of the blue. Could this be it? Please keep your fingers crossed, pray, send good vibes, or whatever works in your experience.  I really need this job!

I've been slacking on taking the everyday photos.  However, I did take several with the purpose of making them a topic of discussion, and even doctored a photo I call the "Ultimate Boulder Car". Enjoy:

 May 11, 2011: Kitchen Creation- spiced up a grilled cheese with turkey, avocado, jalapenos, cilantro, and onion. Super tasty!

 May 12, 2011: I could write an entire entry on this one. A Thursday night at the bar Mo Jeaux's in Ft. Collins. This seems to be the typical twenty-something Colorado male. Are you F*CKING kidding me? First of all, sir, you paid $36 to provide free advertising for Monster energy drink. But did you pay? Cause you left the stickers on... You probably spent time perfecting the backwards tilt too. If you're old enough to be in a bar, you're too old to wear your hat like that.  And while girls are expected to sport some dressy cleavage flashing top to our fav watering holes, you sir have selected an oversized t-shirt falsely advertising your wealth. So here's to you, Colorado douchebag. After the table of sorority women laughed at you, don't think we didn't noticed that you left alone. Time to step your game up. (Thanks to the Swiss for fake posing so I could snap this shot)

 May 13, 2011: The Swiss and I helping our bestie, JKP, move outta the sorority house. I was sore for two days. You're welcome.

 May 15, 2011: Yes, in MAY it was 36 degrees, sleeting, and hailing. I can never get used to insane Colorado weather.

 May 16, 2011: Checked out the lizards and such at Petco while buying Lola's food. The zoologist side of me just loves these.

 May 19, 2011: Really cool bike rack outside O'Dell Brewing Company. They are hops!


 May 20, 2011: The Ultimate Boulder car.

 May 21, 2011: Outdoor lunch with JKP.  She hates eating outside, but took one for the team so I could work on my Chaco tan.
May 22, 2011: Lola being funny watching me.  This moment bought a smile and laugh to me. The joy of having a dog!

 May 23, 2011: Its just juice....made with real bits of dragon!

 May 24, 2011: Got a coup for Lola's favorite treats Zuke's. I pay up for these to support a local Colorado company.  They use all natural ingredients, lots of love, and give back to the pet cancer cause. I highly recommend!
 
 May 27, 2011: Best view from the hike I took with the Stats Ninja and Lola. Its so Green!!! Just north of Fort Collins.
 May 28, 2011: I finally convinced myself, with the assistance of JKP, to pay up for a manicure. No match for 8 hours of retail.  Oh well, It was fun while it lasted.

"Lead me with strong hands, stand up when I can't, don't leave me hungry for love, chasing dreams...Lead me, cause I can't do this alone" - Sanctus Real

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! especially the dude in the bar. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dude in the bar is not just in Colorado. Pinky promise :) I'm also trying to figure out why guys think they can get away with wearing baggie clothes all the time. Grrr. Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete