Sunday, October 9, 2011

Game Day in South Carolina

This weekend my dear friend Tanja reminded me to blog.  To support my writing and creativity? NO, because it provides good entertainment at work.  Well, Wyo, this one's for you :) I was further reminded when this appeared at the Clemson football game:


Apparently, the Boston College football team rolls in buses registered in Wyoming.  Did you know Wyoming is the only state to have a university logo on their license plate? Keep that one in your back pocket for when you are on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and give credit where credit is due via cash or check.

I attended the Clemson homecoming game this weekend with Jazzy Poet, and I was excited to meet some of her sorority sisters.  The best part of Greek Life is definitely the life long friendships. I can't wait to meet up with my KD besties in 25 years for CSU homecoming.  Hopefully by then, the Rams won't loose their homecoming game, and there will still be individual conferences.  Can you imagine the PacWacBig24EastWestACSEC? Whoa!

Although CSU "tailgating" and football games were better than a DIII gameday, I feel I really missed out on Southern style college game day.  Most of my collegiate tailgating experience involved drinking enough to not feel the bitter cold anymore and watching the Rams lose while looking across at the never more than 3/4 full non-student section. Lame.

I was in for quite a treat this Saturday at the Clemson game:


The Stadium


 My uncle and cousin hauling our tailgating supplies to the baller tents. Thanks SigEp for the Tiger Paws down the street. I don't think Ram tracks would have the same effect...


That's more like it. "Welcome to Death Valley"


While releasing a ton of balloons in "the most exciting 25 seconds in college football" is very exciting, it does kinda go against the SC anti-littering campaign, no?



Just one section of tailgating. Want to party here? $30K donation to the school. Ok, Rams we really gotta step our game up. I don't think I've ever even seen a Ram Head Tent.

Aside from the the awesomeness of college football, there was of course plenty of other things to watch: Boys From the South (Pistol Annies sum it up pretty well)


Well back to the grind at work this week.  I actually have some blogs posts planned for this week, so be on the look out!


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment